In order to finalise the programme, ICMA's Topics & Agenda Committee is now inviting proposals to present papers. Papers will be presented in both plenary and parallel sessions during ICMA XX in Copenhagen, Denmark, each of which will include a panel of speakers. Each speaker will be given 15 minutes to present the most interesting aspect of his/her paper likely to generate lively discussion amongst the speaker, panel members and fellow delegates
The list of suggested categories of topics is the following:
- Contemporary shipping problems including insolvencies, arrest, attachment and priorities of claims including those of third party suppliers eg bunker suppliers
- Charterparty and bills of lading/sea waybills issues
- Sale and purchase/commodity contractual and documentary credit issues
- Arbitration procedural issues covering all aspects of the arbitral process from commencement of arbitration through to enforcement of awards
- Contractual issues including measure of damages
- Ship sales, shipbuilding and offshore issues
- Insurance issues
In addition, papers on any subject matter relevant to the practice of maritime law and maritime arbitration of both a procedural and substantive nature are invited.
If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else to receive an invitation to write a paper for a plenary session, please promptly notify the Committee Chair, Peter McQueen, at firstname.lastname@example.org orany Committee Member.
Those wishing to present papers are requested to submit a summary of no more than 250 words by 15 January 2017 online email@example.com. Notification of acceptance of papers will be sent by email by 15 March 2017 with information as to their required format and layout.
Papers selected for presentation will be required to be submitted by 15 June 2017.