Strategic Planning • Service Marketing and Management • Global Operations
Accomplished Executive with international maritime experience in logistics, P/L oversight, strategic planning, and marketing. Results oriented, decisive leader with proven success excelling existing services while identifying new markets and strategic positioning for multi-million dollar ocean transportation companies. Track record of increasing sales with new service/income opportunities, maintaining consistent profitability despite market fluctuations, and spearheading operational improvements to surpass the competition while reducing costs.
|• Visionary Leadership||• Tactical Market Planning||• Organizational Motivation||• Global Strategic Alliances||• Budget/Sales Forecasting||• Key Partnership Development
||• High Stakes Negotiations||• Overseas Management||• Multi-Lingual
Keitel Associates, LLC.
- Over 10 years of EVP/COO responsibility with P/L authority/responsibility
- Negotiated a number of multi-million dollar contracts.
- Integral member of small group that designed and negotiated purchase of significant asset.
- Years of proven success establishing/directing operations, marketing and sales programs for various diversified assets.
- Qualified maritime arbitrator and member of Society of Maritime Arbitrators of New York.
(International Business Specialist)
January 2010 - Present
Independent contractor with extensive leadership experience in the international business community, offering to provide assistance, guidance and motivation to individuals and organizations seeking to improve overall profitability, market share, cost control, and innovative solutions to problem solving, strategic partnership development and alliances in the field of international trade. Multi-national experience in management, contract negotiations, and building trust and cooperation.
Great American Lines, Inc.
( International Transportation Company )
Executive Vice President (EVP) and Chief Operating Officer (COO)
May 1981 - December 2009
Reefer Express Lines Pty., Ltd.
- Established and implemented strategic corporate objectives and alliances, conducted high stake contract negotiations, developed tactical sales planning and marketing of various services which resulted with consistent profitability in fluctuating markets.
- Developed key partnerships with major customers/organizations worldwide that positioned the company to expand and broaden income opportunities while developing new markets.
- Created and launched corporate initiatives and performance goals, direction of sales and marketing activities, and senior level contact with current and prospective customers.
- Oversight of Technical management company supporting owned assets.
(Specialized International Operating Company)
Vice President (Dual employment with Great American Line)
May 1981 - December 2000
- Headed the technical and logistics team overseeing the domestic and overseas operations resulting with 10% cost savings to support competitive rate structures.
- Negotiated cost competitive operational arrangements worldwide while ensuring compliance with various governments' and regulatory authorities' requirements.
- As Administrative Officer of the company, motivated the domestic and overseas staff to support corporate goals, objectives while developing new business and innovative cost savings.
TTT Ship Agencies, Inc. International Agency Company)
- Negotiated, managed and monitored the profitable representation of over 15 agency services for major multi-national companies in multiple markets. 100% client retention.
Grace Lines/Prudential-Grace Lines (Ocean Carrier)
- Employed as a shipboard officer, with advancement including positions as Operations Manager, General Traffic Manager and General Manager.
New York University, New York, NY
U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
BS, Marine Transportation
Military - Captain, U.S. Navy Reserve, retired; former Commanding Officer of Naval Reserve Units.
Languages - Conversational German and Spanish.